Welcome to CCC!
The Community Coalition for Change of Steuben County is a non-partisan, grassroots, people-powered community organization. There’s no bureaucracy here. If you want to get involved, or have an idea to make Northeast Indiana better, get in touch, and hit the ground running.
If you want to keep up on everything CCC is doing, you can also sign up for our weekly emails.
Because we are nonpartisan and from diverse political backgrounds, we’ve divided into teams, so that members can do the kind of good they’re most passionate about. You can find out more about each team and get in touch with the team leaders here:
The entire Coalition meets one Saturday morning a month (usually the final Saturday, though check our calendar for updates). The teams also meet separately as needed to work on their projects. There is a full calendar of events to which everyone in the CCC community is invited. Many (if not most) of our members participate in multiple team initiatives.
Our Core Beliefs
We believe that positive change at a state and national level begins with positive action at the community level.
We believe that, as Americans, there is far more that unites us than divides us.
We believe that democracy is everyone’s responsibility and the constitution every citizen’s sacred text.
We believe that there’s always more to learn, and that all of us are stronger together.
To that end, we are committed to supporting:
- Area children and youth, including the teachers, schools, and non-profit organizations that work with them every day.
- Our natural environment, including our area waterways and wetlands, forest and grasslands, and the organizations that work to protect them.
- People in all their diversities, including (but not limited to) diversity in socio-economic status, racial or ethnic background, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, immigration status, and religion.
- Our local workers and small business owners who labor each day to make our community prosperous.
- Libraries, state parks, and other community organizations committed to the continuing education of our citizenry.